Your Privacy Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
- The types of personal information we collect, including what is collected automatically;
- How we use your information;
- If and when we share your information;
- How we protect your information;
- What choices and rights are available to you regarding your personal information; and
- Other useful information.
Information We Collect as You Use Our Services We collect the following information to provide better services to all of our users:
1. Information you provide to us You may give us information when you fill out a form, register as a user on the Website, request more information, ask to be included in the email newsletter, purchase products or services, post on our blog, take part in a survey, or correspond with us by phone, email, or otherwise. Likewise, purchases necessarily involve collecting certain information, such as credit card information, PayPal addresses, your physical address for billing and/or shipping, and phone number. Further, as part of our research or speaking engagements, you may provide us with your contact information in order to receive additional materials or details. The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address, phone number, billing address, or employment information.
2. Information we automatically collect about you When visiting our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about you. For example, the IP address used to access our Website may be logged along with the dates and times of access. But, any recorded IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Other information may be collected as well including the source that referred you to our Website, your duration on our Website, your destination when you leave our Website, the type of operating system you use to access our Website, and the type of web browser. This is common data collection information and helps us ultimately produce a better end-user experience.
How We Use Your Information We use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
1. Provide you with a better experience Our primary intention for collecting personal and private information from you is simply to conduct our business and provide a more personalized experience for you. We may use your information to present content effectively to you or to offer you information, services, and products that are relevant to you.
2. Send you information about us and our services We would like to send you information about us and our services that may be of interest to you. In the event you provide us your email address or other contact information, we may use such information to notify you of various offers of products or services by our Website or our affiliates, including, without limitation, research findings, our online courses and content, webinars, and various other text, picture, and/or video-based sales materials.
3. Understand our user base and clients Your information does comprise part of an overall whole. This aggregate of information may be used to understand our overall user base. It is used purely to analyze trends, administer our Website, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for internal use such as statistical assessments and Website improvement. Further, we may share this information about our Website visitors as a whole, not individually or any specific personal information, with third parties for various purposes.
4. Improve current services and develop new ones We may use your information to help us understand the effectiveness of advertising and our research, troubleshoot issues, or ask for your opinion on current services and information.
You have choices regarding your information
1. Opting out If you have consented to receive marketing materials, newsletters, or emails, you can always opt out or unsubscribe. At any time, you have the right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or for giving your information to our affiliates. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at Info@GenHQ.com.
2. Access to Your Information and Correction You have the right to request a copy of the information about you that we hold. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at Info@GenHQ.com. There may be a small charge for this service. Additionally, we want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You should also email us if you would like us to correct or remove any information you believe is inaccurate.
3. Cookies Again, you can adjust your browser settings regarding cookies.
- For more information about cookies and how to remove them from your browser, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- You can opt out of some, though likely not all, third-party ad network cookies in one location at https://ww.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
4. Other Websites We have included links on this Website for your use and reference. We are not responsible for the privacy policies on these other websites. You should be aware that the privacy policies of these websites may differ from our own.
Additionally, any personal information you provide to others apart from our vendors or us is wholly optional. As an example, you might disclose something in a blog post comment. That private information is now public, and we have no control over that. In like fashion, you sharing information with any other third party not functioning as a service provider to us puts that information beyond our control and becomes subject to the policy that party has in place.
When we share your information
1. With our employees Our employees help us provide quality services to our clients and customers. They are all trained and made aware of company policies, specifically concerning protecting confidential information and personal data and our privacy obligations
2. With third-party service providers There are instances where your information is stored with third-party service providers, such as email service providers, as they provide services that are industry-leading in quality and security and are far more beneficial to our end user than attempting such services in-house. You are never required to deal with any such third party directly, they are limited in how they use your information, and they cannot sell or transfer it to others in any way.
3. Because we are legally required to While we are staunch privacy advocates, there are times when even we may be forced to abandon these ideals. Just as major search engines face ongoing compulsion to provide data against their will, so too may the same occur with our Website. Illegal activity or other serious acts or allegations could create legal liability for our Website. In those cases, we reserve the right to share your information, or else may simply be compelled to do so by law. On the other hand, there may be times when we would need to share your private information in order to protect our own interests. For instance, in cases of suspected or alleged copyright infringement or other intellectual property violations, it may be necessary to share personal information.
What do we do to safeguard your personal data? We have implemented various policies and safeguards to protect your personal data against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure. We also use best efforts to ensure third parties who work with us also agree to protect your data. Unfortunately, transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. Although we endeavor to do our best, we cannot guarantee that your data will be secure when transmitted to our Website. Upon receipt of your personal information, we will use security features and procedures to try to prevent unauthorized access. Other useful information
1. Compliance with laws Data privacy laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Just as we ask you to comply with laws in such ways as providing us with accurate information and lawful blog posts, we will comply with certain legal frameworks relating to the transfer and protection of data, including the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) if it applies.
2. State Law & Accompanying Rights Please understand that you may have additional rights originating from laws based on where you live. These rights may augment, strengthen, or otherwise compliment any privacy rights you have inherently or under any country’s law. Our policy is to comply fully with the privacy policies of every jurisdiction in which we operate. Accordingly, you are free to use our contact information to reach us at any time to assert any privacy rights.
3. Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, our Website will never collect or maintain information at our Website from those we know are under the age of 18, and no part of our Website is structured to attract anyone under the age of 18.
Under our Terms of Service and Conditions of Use, children under the age of 18 are not allowed to use our Website and access our services. It is not our intention to offer products or services to minors.
5.Copyright Notice The legal notices and administrative pages on this Website, including this one, have been diligently drafted by an attorney. We have paid to license the use of these legal notices and administrative pages for your protection and ours. This material may not be used in any way for any reason and unauthorized use is policed via Copyscape to detect violators.
How to Contact us If you have any questions about the contents of this page, or simply wish to reach us for any other reason, you may do so by contacting us at Info@GenHQ.com.